Tuesday 10 January 2017

Amy Taylor's Management trainee placement at Enterprise Rent-a-car

This is a guest blog from Royal Holloway Management student, Amy Taylor, who is currently doing a Management Trainee placement with Enterprise. I have recently conducted a placement visit to meet Amy and her managers at the Heathrow branch of Enterprise Rent-a-car and I was delighted to hear how highly Amy was rated and how much she was enjoying her placement. You can read more from Amy here:


It’s been 6months since I started my placement year at Enterprise Rent-a-car at Heathrow Airport as a Management Trainee and I love every day of it. I am based just outside the airport on the retail side of the business. I have developed so much in the past few months, in a working sense but also as a student. This opportunity has taught me self-discipline and given me the determination to succeed. My role is a customer facing position, in which I get the opportunity to meet hundreds of new people every day from all over the globe and organise a hire vehicle for them. At the end of each day I participate in completing all the administrative duties for the day, this is where I have seen myself applying many of the modules from second year and how it relates to a real life business setting.

This industrial placement first appealed to me due to its wide variety of tasks and opportunity to try many different fields. Although my university course focuses on human resources I was at a loose end of what career path I wanted to follow. Here at Enterprise they have given the opportunity to try them all! From training new staff to reviewing financial figures and evaluating branch progression I feel that I will be going back to university next year with a much better understanding of all fields. Although the hours can be long I feel the placement year has not only strengthened my CV but also has prepared me for the daunting step between graduating and going into a full time job.

Enterprise at recent Placement event at Royal Holloway

Enterprise is a company I would recommend to every student for their placement year. The company’s main aim to develop us into managers who can lead a workforce in a profitable organisation. They really push for team work and a ‘work hard, play hard’ philosophy which recognises the importance in customer service and the happiness of its staff.  Even just as an intern I am given the same responsibilities as my peers with the opportunity for two promotions within the year, something I am personally striving for in the coming months.  I feel am very fortunate to have had such a successful placement, and I’m only half way through! The main advice I could give to those considering taking a placement year is start applying early. I started in the summer before second year and it allowed me to focus on my studies during second year. It’s hard work but definitely worth it. 






If you’re currently looking for a graduate job, an internship or placement year, make sure you browse all the vacancies Enterprise has available across the UK.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.