Tuesday 23 February 2016

Hippolyte's placement at the Walt Disney Company - an update


This is an update from Hippolyte Petit after 9 months in his placement in the Marketing Department of the Walt Disney Company. He is based in the Walt Disney offices in Hammersmith. Hippolyte is studying for the 4 year BSc Management with International Business (Year in Business) at Royal Holloway.




Everything is going really well here at Disney. Star Wars theatrical release has brought loads of excitation and work, but we are very happy of the performances we have achieved on social medias in Europe, Middle East and Africa. 

I am now working on completely different movies. We are preparing the release of the new Nemo: Finding Dory, the new The Jungle Book movie, as well as the new Marvel movie: Captain America. The social media content we are producing for these is looking really good - I'm very excited about it !

The amount of work I have has increased, since two members of my team have moved on. However, that gives me even more responsibilities and allows me to develop strong organisational skills. I'm becoming an expert in time management - which will be more than useful for my final year at University without doubt. 
On the other hand, I have received some very, very good feedback about my work here and so I feel very positive about my placement.



Hippolyte's original blog post can be viewed here:
http://yearinbusiness.blogspot.co.uk/2015/09/placement-at-walt-disney-company.html



This is a video of Hippolyte talking more about his placement and offering guidance to other Royal Holloway students looking for placements.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.